Proof of relationship for DV Lottery winners is going to be the topic of this post. Green Card Lottery selectees who got married after ‘being selected for further processing’ need to prove that their marriage is “bona fide” during the DV Lottery interview.
Failure to do this will prompt the consular officer to deny the couple DV Visa. The same case also applies to Green Card by marriage people.
Proof of Relationship For DV Lottery Winners.
Below is what is needed for Green Card Lottery selectees who got married after winning the DV Lottery.
- You need to avail financial documents showing that you and your husband or wife have fused both of your wealth. This is a superb way of proving that your marriage is not a sham and that its “bona fide”.
- USCIS expects that married couples who believe that their marriage is “bona fide” should be living together. Failing to do so will raise a lot of question marks, especially for couples who are living separately.
Below are some of the documents that you can use to prove that your marriage is legit. They need to show the names of both spouses.
- Bank statements of your joint account. The address needs to be the same for both spouses.
- Utility bills showing the same address for both spouses.
- Title deed showing both your names if you bought a land or house together.
- Photos showing both spouses together, preferably with family and friends. Ideally, the photos should span throughout the relationship, before both of you got married, during the wedding and also after the wedding.
These photos can be put together in an album with a text box showing or describing the context of the photos (e.g: why, when, where, who etc). If there are children involved, include their photos showing their growth from birth up to their current age indicating milestones. Both spouses should also appear in their photos.
On the back of each photo, name the people from left to right.
- Emails, Facebook chats, Whatsapp chats and SMS text message history. You can also get phone call records from Whatsapp, Facebook and mobile phones printed out too. Don’t forget to highlight calls between you and your husband or wife. This is also another way of proving that your marriage is legit.
- Birth records of common children born between the petitioner (Principal Applicant) and Accompany(Beneficiary/Spouse). For a stepchild, you need to show the relationship between the petitioner and the beneficiary’s biological parent and also the beneficiary. To prove joint residency between the stepparent and beneficiary’s parents, one can submit copies of driver’s license/ID, joint bank documents and/or rent/mortgage to show that both share a residence.
- Testimonials: Get letters from your pastor, chief and employer/supervisor attesting to their knowledge of your wedding /marriage.
- Remittance receipts.
I hope that this post on proof of relationship for DV Lottery winners has been of great help to you.