Medical examination for DV Lottery winners is mandatory before their scheduled interview dates. The medical test is supposed to be done by a certified medical practitioner at the IOM.
If done by non-authorized medical officers other than the ones who have been recommended, then the results will be rejected. Green Card Lottery winners are required to pay for the medical examination only if they have gotten their 2NL (2nd notification letter).
Form DS-2053 for the medical examination can be obtained at the Embassy. You will be required by the medical officer to hand in two passport-sized photos when going for the medical examination.
The completion of the medical and other related tests now takes one day unlike before where it used to be two days.
Medical Examination For DV Lottery Winners
The medical examination for DV Lottery Winners includes :
- Lymph nodes
- External Genitalia
The examination will also include a review of the following :
- Medical history
- Physical examination
- Chest X-ray and blood tests
After the examination, the authorized medical officer will give the applicant his or her medical examination results which they are supposed to carry to the visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or consulate.
How to Prepare For Green Card Lottery Medical Exam
- Choose your interview location from the List of U.S. Embassies and Consulates.
- Click on the name of the city where you will go for your Green Card Lottery interview.
- Go to step 2 which says ‘Schedule a medical exam in ******.
- It says that once you receive your appointment date, schedule for a medical exam in ****.
- Click on the medical exam instructions to access a list of designated doctors’ offices in *****
- Schedule and attend a medical examination with one of the recommended medical officers before your Green Card Lottery interview.
- Tell him or her that the medical examination is for an immigrant visa application.
- Also, share with them the date of the interview appointment. He or she will tell you the amount of money you need to pay for the medical examination and tests.
Carry with you the following documents :
- Vaccination immunization records
- Chest x-rays
- Records of your medical history
- Passport, ID, laissez-passer or any travel document.
I hope that this post on medical examination for DV Lottery winners has been of great help to you.