Here is a simple guide on how to check Green Card Lottery results. DV Lottery applicants can check if they have been selected starting May 5, 2020 noon (EDT).
All you need is the green card lottery confirmation number that you got during the initial registration.
The Green Card lottery winners are randomly selected by a computer-generated program by the U.S Department of State.
They don’t notify you via email if you have been selected for further processing. Should you receive an email telling you that you’ve been selected, that’s a scam. Every year, they randomly select approximately 55,000 people.
If selected, you will be taken to a confirmation page with further instructions on what to do.
How to Check Green Card Lottery Results
- Open https://dvlottery.state.gov on your phone or PC browser.
- Click on check status.
- Click on the continue tab.
- Enter your Green Card Lottery confirmation number.
- Fill in your first and last name that was used during the initial registration process.
- Enter your year of birth.
- Fill in the authentication provided to you by the system and submit the information.
- If selected, below is a screenshot of what you will see.
NB: Green Card Lottery selectees should fill in the online DS-260 form immediately to schedule an interview appointment at the U.S. Embassy or consulate in their country.
I hope that this post on how to check Green Card Lottery results has been of great help to you.