Below is a post of Green Card Lottery requirements that is going to be of great help to anyone who wants to try the program. To qualify for Green Card Lottery, principal DV Lottery applicants need to meet certain requirements.
One needs to have the required education, otherwise, they don’t qualify to be given a Diversity Visa.
Green Card Lottery Requirements
High School Education
Green Card Lottery applicants need to have at least a high school education to qualify for the program. High school education simply means that one has completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary school education either in the United States of America or a formal course of elementary and secondary education that is equivalent to high school education in the U.S.
If a principal applicant does not meet the Green Card Lottery education requirements, he or she will be disqualified at the time of their visa interview in the embassy and no visa will be given to them or their family members.
If a principal applicant wants to apply for Green Card Lottery using work experience, he or she needs to have at least an experience of two years for the past five years, in an occupation that is recognised by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Occupations listed on the Department of Labor 0*Net Online Database is what will be used to determine if the occupation of a DV Lottery applicant qualifies.
How to Find Occupations That Qualify For Green Card Lottery on The Website of Department of Labor
- Click on this link https://www.onetonline.org/
- Below “Find Occupations”, look for the pull-down menu and choose “Job Family”.
- Click on the search button.
- You will be taken to another page where you will be expected to select your occupation.
- For example, if you choose Agriculture and Engineering, a job zone will show up.
- You will find the designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8.0. Using this example, Aerospace Engineering is a qualifying occupation for the Green Card Lottery.
NB:If you don’t meet these Green Card Lottery requirements, then don’t bother applying for the program because you will not be given a visa, and any fees you paid will be not be given back.
I hope that this post on Green Card Lottery requirements has been of great help to you.